Volunteering in Carroll Park does not require a large time commitment – you can volunteer for as little as an hour or two. CONTACT US with any questions. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Lend a hand – If you see volunteers working in the park, stop and lend a hand. Check the CALENDAR to see upcoming volunteer opportunities and come by, or send us an email.
- Join Friends of Carroll Park – We are always looking for new people and new ideas. If there is a specific program you’d like to see, come to our meeting and share it with us. We’ll happily lend you our resources and support.
- Garden – The vast majority of the gardening that keeps our park lush and beautiful is done by volunteers. Weeding, planting and pruning are always ongoing. Please let us know if you'd like to help.
- Fundraise – Friends of Carroll Park pays for necessities not covered by the Parks Department. This includes anything from extra cleaning supplies to art supplies for our summer Parks Associate program. We also raise money to pay for all the special events programming that happens in the park.
- Help with Special Events – In the past, Friends of Carroll Park has organized free concerts, movie nights, the annual Fair, and the Halloween Parade. All these activities are planned, organized and run by volunteers. You can make phone calls, send emails, distribute flyers, or help out on the day of an event. These small time commitments (usually an hour or two) can really help.
- Donations – All tax-deductible donations are used to pay for supplies, special events and maintenance projects. Local business owners are encouraged to sponsor events. Just email us for details.